Absolute Pace in Queensland have developed a new, aluminium semi-monocoque chassis with mostly manufactured new components, and somewhat predictably called the Pace427. It is receiving top reviews by most who have seen the vehicle and Craig White's factory in Arundel, although as of today no-one has completed and registered a Pace427. I am confident the risk of ending up with an 'unregisterable' Cobra is small and manageable.
A major part of the decision to go with the Pace427 is the body and space this creates for the occupants. At 6'1" with a long torso, I'm often told I look like Noddy when sitting in a convertible with my head above the windscreen!
I've visited Craig's factory twice in the past year, and I am very impressed with the quality of the components I've seen. The passion driving all those I've spoken to at the factory is also impressive. The finish on the body gelcoat is fantastic, and will aid the budget - I don't think I'll need to paint the car initially. This will allow me to spend the budget on the build for now. If I get bored and/or rich in the next few years I can always change colours then!



No comments:
Post a Comment